The Perfect Catering Venue
in Dallas

Long a favorite destination for Dallas party planners, the Belo Mansion's intimate function rooms and elegant décor have served as a backdrop for some of the most prestigious events in the city. With the addition of the Pavilion at the Belo Mansion, it is a perfect venue for small parties or lavish affairs.

The historic Belo Hall is perfect for upscale, seated events of 200 to 350 guests. With additional space available in the Bar, Colonel Belo's study, Family Dining Room, Music Room, and Parlor, the Belo Mansion can easily accommodate up to 500 guests for receptions.

The Pavilion boasts an elegant 7,000 square foot ballroom with a 17-foot barrel vault ceiling and alabaster chandeliers and sconces. Divisible by four, the Pavilion ballroom graciously accommodates seated affairs for 150 to 500 guests. The wraparound pre-function space and gallery, connecting to an exquisite terrace overlooking the Dallas Arts District's Meyerson Symphony Center and Nasher Sculpture Center, allow the Pavilion to be drenched in natural light on three sides. However, state-of-the-art blackout panels are installed above every window in the event that a visual presentation is scheduled.

The Belo Hall and Atrium are approximately 3,500 square feet. The Pavilion ballroom is approximately 7,000 square feet plus foyer and terrace.

  • The convenient parking garage under the Pavilion accommodates 280 cars.

  • A circular grand entrance of architectural stone and limestone sets a majestic tone for any event.

  • Guests enter through a glass enclosed atrium with Portuguese limestone floors, flowing easily through the atrium to the Belo Mansion or Pavilion.

  • Culinaire International provides the Belo Mansion and the Pavilion with complete catering, banquet and meeting services including audio visual arrangements, valet parking, event design and décor, florals, and entertainment packages.

  • Diverse catering menus provide guests with many options.

  • Professional meeting and event planners are on staff.


Floor Plan


Virtual Tour

     

Built in the neo-classical revival style, the Belo Mansion was built in the late 1800's by Colonel Alfred Horatio Belo, who founded the Dallas Morning News. The house was said to be patterned after the family home in Salem, North Carolina, and conceived as a tribute to Colonel Belo's wife, Nettie. The contractor was Daniel Morgan, who, in 1893, completed the Dallas County Courthouse now known as "Old Red." Construction on the home was completed in time for the wedding of the Belo's son, Alfred Jr., to his bride, Helen Ponder. The Belo home at Ross and Pearl Streets became a city showplace as the family was active in civic and cultural affairs.

Colonel Belo died in 1901 and Alfred, Jr, in 1906, but Nettie Belo lived in the mansion with her daughter-in-law and two granddaughters until her death in 1913. In 1922, Helen Ponder Belo was forced to leave Dallas due to ill health, marking the end of the occupancy of the mansion by the Belo family. 

In 1977, the Colonel's granddaughter, Helen Belo Morrison, agreed to sell the property to the Dallas Bar Association. She had been born in the house in 1902 and felt the Bar's plan to restore the home as the Dallas Legal Education Center was in accordance with family principles and feelings. The Dallas Bar Association connected the historic home and the chapel with an expansive, glass-roofed atrium.
In 2003, The Dallas Bar Association victoriously concluded its capital campaign which resulted in the addition of the exquisite Pavilion. Once again, the past was linked to the present and future through innovative design and distinctive architecture.

Spanning three centuries, there has always been only one Belo Mansion.


      

Home | The VenueOur Services | Gallery |  Menus |  Contact
© 2013 Culinaire, All rights Reserved. Rick Bradley, Webmaster Culinaire


BELO MANSION & PAVILION
2101 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201